Monday, October 31, 2011

Daily Meds: Mon. Oct. 31, 2011


Oh, sweet samsara, where would I be without it? Is it possible that, without suffering, I might never have been compelled to launch out on this path of discovery? When I talk about my character defects, more often than not, I am boasting of my failure to do something about them. When I also make sure that my friends know every detail of my suffering, am I not just as proud of how miserable I am? The most amazing people I have ever met are those I meet in the V. A. Hospital. Some of these vets have no legs… blown off by IED’s with severe brain injuries and blind. Yet, they are there in the rehab rooms working on themselves with a sense of humor and camaraderie that inspires more than it shames me.

geo
4,522

No comments:

Post a Comment