Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Simply Breathing

When you have learned through discipline, to simplify your life, and so practiced the mindfulness of meditation, and through it loosened the hold of aggression, clinging, and negativity on your whole being, the wisdom of insight can slowly dawn. And in all-revealing clarity of its sunlight, this insight can show you, distinctly and directly, both the subtlest workings of your own mind and the nature of reality.
Glimpse after Glimpse,
Sogyal Rinpoche

&

Circumstances have always intervened to simplify everything for me. Surprisingly, the simpler things get, the quality of my life increases. I remember reading more when the cable was cut off; i.e., I didn’t have hundreds of channels on TV and the internet hadn’t come about yet. The things I thought I can’t do without were done without in the not so distant past. Simplification, however, can be about something altogether different than those material hindrances. Going within and clearing out the clutter is a first step towards breathing and breathing is the simplest thing I can do to begin the process.

geo 5,559

No comments:

Post a Comment