Thursday, February 28, 2013

Gossip


The only time people dislike gossip is when you gossip about them.
Will Rogers
#####
It doesn't take much, as far as brain-cells go, to see the wisdom of this statement and it makes us laugh at ourselves. I believe that the best humor is the humor that holds a mirror to my face. It has, however, been to my benefit to find comfort in the idea that someone else is thinking about me enough to make me the center of their gossip. I loved the Gracie and George Burns series where George would plant a seed of gossip, go upstairs to his den, turn on his TV and watch Gracie turn the item into a comical drama, from a comfortable distance. We felt as though we were let in on the joke. That is what it takes at times… go upstairs and watch what goes down with a sense of humor. When I remember Rule 62; “Don’t take yourself so damned seriously!” I can find humor in what others say and do before I go off on a scheme for revenge.
geo 5,275

No comments:

Post a Comment