Saturday, August 24, 2013

Priest Lake Idaho

Saturday, August 24, 2013:
NEXT WEEK

I am preparing for my annual trip to Priest Lake Idaho. It is almost a ritual for me and reunion with my family no matter how I get there. Bonnie might not be able to accompany me because of her recent heart surgery and my MD recommends I don’t drive due to a recent anomaly of my aorta that was found as recently as last Thursday. All of this came down so recently it caught me off guard; however, I must go no matter what. I have made the decision to take a train as far as Portland and to rent a car for the rest of the trip. This itinerary is a matter of convenience, as the train arrives at 2:43 am in Sandpoint and the closest proximity of a car rental agency is forty miles away in Coeur d’ Alain. The nearest alternative to that is Spokane, where the train arrives about an hour earlier. I can't see myself sitting in the station until the rental agency opens after sunrise. Besides those factors, the drive through the Columbia Gorge is one of the highest spiritual treats of the whole trip. I’d still get to Coolin Idaho in the middle of the night but in a car and I wouldn’t have to wake anybody up to come get me.

geo 5,445

1 comment: