Saturday, August 31, 2013

Priest Lake

Saturday, August 31, 2013:


Each time the losses and deceptions of life teach us about impermanence, they bring us closer to the truth. When you fall from a great height, there is only one possible place to land: on the ground --- the ground of truth. And if you have the understand that comes from spiritual practice, then falling is in no way a disaster, but the discovery of an inner refuge.
Glimpse After Glimpse
Sogyal Rinpoche

&

I am sitting at a window of the beautiful apartment above my brother in-law’s workshop at Priest Lake Idaho. The forest surrounds us... the main house and workshop… it is quiet but soon the sounds of Labor Day Weekend will break through trees with the noise of boaters and four-wheelers; still, the fresh air and the serenity of the place goes undisturbed. How can I think of disaster and downfalls in such a place… this little spot of heaven on earth? It is peculiar, but I can and I can with nothing but gratitude in my heart for loved ones and family that I would not fully appreciate if it weren’t for the close calls with impending doom that have confronted me with the ground of truth in past seasons. I am grateful for those hard times that brought me through with grace and the unrestrained power of the Heart of Compassion. This is a sacred place where I sit today.

geo 5,451

No comments:

Post a Comment