Friday, August 9, 2013

Sixty-Seven Orbits on this Rock Around Sol Today

Friday, August 9, 2013:

67 spins around ole' Sol on this rock today. My GAWD, who would have thunk I'd make it this far? I am so grateful to be here today. I love my life. I love my family (Mom and Dad) more and more each year; yes, all of you in who have touched my life on the road; jabbered with me into the wee hours of the night (yes, you Robyn); to the fop of a King, Juan Carlos (an inside joke); all the cab drivers I've worked with, Jim; and bar-tenders; restaurant waitresses that passed a free cup of coffee to me when I was down and out; to the Fellowship of AA; all the nurses and Drs that made it possible for me to make it through some rough times; for the sustaining light of my life, Alanna and her mother, Carrie; and, equal to them, my dearest lover, companion, and friend, Bonnie; and for the Heart of Compassion that surely lives in each of these.

geo 5,429

No comments:

Post a Comment