Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Mediation Base Camp

There are times when the spell is broken… clarity of mind breaks through the fog… the senses are alert amidst calm… deliberate… focus. I had one of these moments this morning as I sat in meditation. Warmth… opening of the Heart of Compassion… I didn’t will it into being. It caught me by surprise. I didn’t resist.
Most meditations, truthfully, are little more than breaking even at best. I sit expecting nothing. I pray… I surrender without conditions and go about the business of the day. I am grateful…
I become grateful when I pray. Gratitude takes me a long ways towards well-being and balance. I go forward from that base. Like climbing Everest… ya gotta have a base camp. Meditation in the morning is my base camp for climbing the Everest of my day. Hell, most days aren’t comparable to climbing Everest… little more challenging than walking to my mailbox. But, because I have no idea what is around the corner I prepare. No longer motivated by fear because I have the assurance of that peace and am carried by the grace of a heart that is full.


geo 5,577

No comments:

Post a Comment