Saturday, January 11, 2014

Writer's Block (Continued)


I have been blessed... don't ya hate that phrase... it's true though. I have been blessed with several creative outlets. Sometimes I sculpt; sometimes I paint; sometimes I carve and print a Linotype; and at other times the muse might strike me and a few lines of what can be called poetry urges my pen to paper. These are great ways to keep the juices flowing. Mind you, they don't have to be great, earth-shaking, works of art. They are simply an outlet to keep the pond from becoming stagnate.

     Other times, quite frankly, it is best for me to get completely away from my little office/studio and take a walk on the beach. I live in a magical place where the mountains hug the coastline above our town and the ocean splashes on the shore within a mile of my place. Another important thing for me is that, when I go out from my den, I don't think about art at all. I enjoy the moment. It all comes together and my spirit is refreshed.

   Simple things do it. After all, what is living about? I can waste this life I have been given fretting about politics or my failures... the list goes on and on... or, I can pause and take a few deep breaths before my body gives up on breathing altogether. It may be that this is my one shot at it. I'll be damned if I want to spend my last few precious breaths on a ventilator with tubes and wires (which is the most likely way most of us go). No, let me breathe the fresh mountain air or the oceans pounding surf one more time... that is all I ask: One more time one day at a time.

geo 5,581

No comments:

Post a Comment