Monday, October 29, 2012

Compassion

Compassion is not true compassion until it is active. Avalokiteshvara, the Buddha of Compassion, is often represented in Tibetan iconography as having a thousand eyes that see the pain in all corners of the universe, and a thousand arms to reach out to all corners of the universe to extend his help.

GLIMPSE AFTER GLIMPSE
Sogyal Rinpoche


~

There is a knowing that goes along with acting on compassion… a knowing that my efforts are seen and carried by a power greater than myself. The arms of compassion compel as well as they protect when I act within their embrace. What does this mean to me? Let me act out of compassion beyond self-seeking and beyond the approval of others. Let me be at peace within myself… my faults and shortcomings as well as my assets… and know that I am known by the Heart of Compassion with a thousand eyes and a thousand arms to see and feel it all.

geo 5,155

No comments:

Post a Comment