Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Faith

FAITH

Rest in natural peace
This exhausted mind
Beaten helpless by karma and neurotic thought,
Like in restless fury of the pounding waves
In the infinite ocean of samsara.

Rest in natural great peace.
Nyoshuh Kenpo Rinpoche
<<< >>>
I can allow time to mourn before I fly off the handle with anger. Today is a day to let the emotions sink in. It is time to sit with my feelings instead of diverting them with answers and accusations, reasons for it, suspicions and theories. First thing I can do is to sit.

Here is something that gives me great faith. I know the spirit of long distance runners. Twenty-six miles of the marathon is the apex of years of training… long training… getting up before dawn and putting on sweats no matter what the weather to plod along… improving time… wearing out shoes… taking in the right diet and so on. This is an act of damned near divine perseverance. Then there is the race itself. Thousands turn out for it… thousands who have little or no hope to do anything but finish… old… young… of all nations, political, ethnic and racial backgrounds. This is the spirit of the runners in any marathon. Next year I can guarantee that there will be several of the amputees from this will be there running with prosthetics. I know runners and I love them.
geo 5,323

No comments:

Post a Comment