Sunday, April 28, 2013

Still, Flowing Water

Have you ever seen flowing water? … Have you ever seen still water? … If your mind is peaceful it will be just like a still, flowing water. Have you ever seen still, flowing water? There! You’ve only ever seen flowing water and still water, haven’t you? But you’ve never seen still, flowing water. Right there, right where your thinking cannot take you, even though it is peaceful you can develop wisdom. Your mind will be like flowing water, and it’s yet still. It’s almost as if it were still, and yet it’s flowing. So I call it ‘still, flowing water’. Wisdom can arise there.

Ajahn Chah; Living Dhamma:
 A compilation of daily meditations
 by Jeff Schmidt
Titled, 365 Buddha

&
These conundrums can be confusing until I realize that, when I rise from my cushion and go about my daily routines, mindfulness comes with me. It means that my mind is centered and flexible… clear and able to change with situations… to be able to adapt because I am sure of myself in a way that is free of ego. There is nothing to gain… nothing to lose… it is just life and I am there for it because I have touched the heart of God and am assured that "this is a day to rejoice in." It is true no matter how I “feel” because feelings come and go. Pain and suffering come and go. Love and life comes and goes. Everything changes… everything passes… things appearing and things disappearing, being and extinction both transcended… still the basic emptiness and silence abides and that is blissful peace.
geo 5,334

No comments:

Post a Comment