Saturday, January 26, 2013

Nature - Activity - Silence

O Spirit, I worship Thee as beauty and intelligence in the temple of Nature. I worship Thee as power in the temple of activity, and as peace in the temple of silence.
Metaphysical Meditations:
Universal Prayer,
Paramahansa Yogananda
<<<>>>
The beauty of Nature is its own intelligence and the intelligence of Nature is beauty. Whether that intelligence and beauty is in the spiral pattern of an artichoke or a far away galaxy, the perfection of a crystal’s growth or the asymmetrical glory of the landscape from my window. There is much to wonder at and worship that isn’t an abstract vision of God. Where there is activity in the loving kindness of touching another human being, or the purr of a cat on my lap, my God is revealed. All of this is growth from that sweet spot of silence… the quieting of mind where I can appreciate fully the beauty of the Spirit.
    This experience is available to everyone although, I have to admit, I had to come to a personal crisis from alcoholism to launch me on this path. For others who have not been so afflicted it might not be as easy to get to the point where it is possible to be so compelled to the Spirit but anyone can do it if I could. All it takes is to sit before a waterfall, to find peace in contemplation within a temple or cathedral, ladling soup in a soup kitchen, being responsible as a father, giving birth as a mother, a brother to your sisters, or being a true friend… all of these, and more, touch on the Heart of Compassion that is the Creator of all that is good and holy.
geo 5,243

No comments:

Post a Comment