Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Charmer of Souls

Thou unseen Charmer of Souls, Thou art the fountain flowing from the bosom of friendship. Thou art the rays of secret warmth that unfold buds of feeling into blossoms of endearing, soulful words of poetry and loyalty.
Metaphysical Meditations:
Devotion and Worship,
Paramahansa Yogananda
### 

Creative activity that centers on intellect is often dry and uninspired; like reading a phonebook, such writing is more often than not a catalogue of words. Even the Einsteins of physics or mathematics sense that their equations have more to do with the poetry of the cosmos than it does with dry chalk on a board. There is a feeling when I am on the mark that I am being moved by a Spirit that transcends; when a surfer catches the perfect wave; when I am making love and it rises above having sex; when I am having coffee with a friend and the sharing takes on a higher level, it goes beyond the normal chatter; when I sit in meditation and hit that sweet spot, I am in the presence of God. Seeing, touching, senses awake and alert, I am here in the now of an eternal moment. This is where and when I am awakened to the eternal flow of life. How can I not love when my soul has been so charmed?
geo 5239

No comments:

Post a Comment