Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Moon Mooning

As the full moon rose before me, I spoke out; “Why… why can’t you show yourself as you did Saint John of the Cross or Dr. Fessler? Why do I have to be satisfied with hints and feelings? Where is my white-light?”
    I sat on the boulder above the creek. The sound of the water below and a wisp of a breeze wafting through the chaparral punctuated the musty aroma of the earth around me that spoke gently to my heart, “Isn’t this enough?”
    “Yes, it ought to be enough,” I admitted. As soon as I’d done so it was as though a blindfold had come off: No great revelation. No overwhelming sense of love in sentimental terms… just a sense of clarity. The rock was a rock being a rock. The creek was just a creek streaming. The moon was mooning, I laughed. Everything was just as it was meant to be. Smiling, I climbed down off the giant sandstone boulder. Remembering the monkey dream and the mama cat, I felt the wind softly say, “You’re home now, Max, go about your work.”
A Time Ago and Then
Chpt. 26: The Winds of Destiny
G.B. Couper
~ 
   Seeing things as they are, oughtn’t to be that difficult but it is. This is especially so when I look in the mirror. Why is it so difficult for some to see myself as a part of an evolutionary process in the grand accident of billions of years of becoming? Why is it so difficult to see that my nature is all the same as yours and our co-habitants on this planet in terms of science? Why does there have to be a conflict between what is apparent and what isn’t? These polarities are artificial boundaries and, even my resistance to this understanding, is part of the same DNA that created this ego in the first place. The grand paradox is that it is within an all inclusive acceptance of the polarity that I am finally free of the delusion of self-centered fear. It is the thousand forms of fear that drove me to avoid pain at all costs; to long for eternal love, to pine for eternal life; to seek approval of others; to seek security; to mark out boundaries of property and of faith. Aren’t these the ambitions, taken to extremes, which have brought me to my knees to pray to all these idols of human imagination? It is the Heart of Compassion that opens my spirit up to an infinite range of possibilities.
geo 5,247

No comments:

Post a Comment