Thursday, January 31, 2013

Seeing - Knowing - Realizing Compassion

What is the view? It is nothing less than seeing the actual state of things as they are; it is knowing that the true nature of mind is the true nature of everything; and it is realizing that the true nature of mind is the absolute truth.
    Dodjom Rinpoche says: “The View is the comprehension of the naked awareness, within everything is contained: sensory perception and phenomenal existence, samsara and nirvana. The awareness has two aspects: ‘emptiness’ as the absolute, and ‘appearances’ as the relative.”
Glimpse After Glimpse
Sogyal Rinpoche



###
Perception… it can be called a point of view… I see it as viewing from a point and it starts from within at that point. Seeing myself as I am without the story line I have built up around that view. The story line is a cloud that obscures and confuses. I say I am bewildered but that the truth is that I know from within that there is no confusion when the connection is made with the sublime. This is where I am known and know the true nature of the Heart of Compassion (or God, if you will). It is in this place I see the sky above me and realize the infinite realm of the spirit of creation.
   Saint Paul wrote about the experience of meeting the Christ (or God, as you understand God) I Corinthians, 13:9-13: “But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then I shall know even as I am known. And now rests faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity (i.e., compassion).”
geo 5,248

No comments:

Post a Comment