Friday, July 12, 2013

A Simple Compassion

The past couple of weeks have been interesting. My mind has been jumping around from one fear to another; from relief to relief; from doubt to doubt. I suppose it isn't a complete disassociation from my spiritual core because, in the end, my faith endured. I had to let go of everything and resort to a simple compassion that springs from a love that is greater than any love my own heart has the capacity of. I'm not unique in this because examples of similar experiences are to be seen everywhere. It happens when firefighters stand in harm's way... rushing into burning buildings disregarding their own lives for the sake of another.  It happens when a soldier holds true to his squad under fire and sacrifices his own life for the sake of his fellows. It happens when a mother brings her child to her breast and gives of herself without thinking about it. It happens whenever and wherever anyone gives of themselves regardless of their beliefs. The Heart of Compassion transcends all dogma and cares deeply for all of  us no matter what.
geo 5,403
p.s. I got confused 
on numbers of days
 the past week .

No comments:

Post a Comment