Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Certainty of Beliefs

Thursday, July 25, 2013:
Certainty

When the wisdom of Rigpa shines, a growing sense of tremendous and unshakable certainty and conviction that “this is it” rises up: There is nothing further to seek, nothing more that could possibly be hoped for. This certainty of the View is what is to be deepened through glimpse after glimpse of the nature of mind, and stabilized through the continuous discipline of meditation.
Glimpse After Glimpse,
Sogyal Rinpoche
&

This realization perfectly describes the foundation for my confidence in the Heart of Compassion. I haven’t any similar confidence about other things I wrap around this profound experience with the divine like dogma. I might fake it but faking it draws me away from the central awakening that drew me towards spiritual practice in the first place; i.e., I might as well be drunk. That would be a misplaced certainty and not the certainty of the View. The View the Rinpoche speaks of is not the certainty that would fly an airliner into a tall building for the sake of Allah. The certainty of the View is the certainty of a glimpse at the divine… an experience so powerful that every belief is overturned no matter how righteous. This experience that says “this is it” doesn’t end there. That is only the beginning… no longer seeking, I am simply sitting and breathing. This is how I broaden and deepen the experience of my heartbeat with the pulse of the universe.

geo 5,414

No comments:

Post a Comment