Friday, July 26, 2013

Happy Destiny

Friday, July 26, 2013:
The Great Fact for Us


Abandon yourself to God as you understand God. Admit your faults to Him and to your fellows. Clear away the wreckage of your past. Give freely of what you find and join us. We shall be with you in the Fellowship of the Spirit, and you will surely meet some of us as you trudge the Road of Happy Destiny.

ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 164
&

This is the clarion call that ends the basic text of Alcoholics Anonymous but I believe it is a clear direction for all of us who embark on the spiritual highway. It is a directive and not a commandment. Once I have abandoned myself to God the rest comes natural... I don’t have to be told to do any of it. There is work to be done, there are forks in the road where I need direction once in a while and the road is sometimes uphill but it isn’t as though I need to be ordered to do anything. For the most part, it is clear to me where I’m going. The Fellowship of the Spirit is a loose federation of kindred spirits going the same direction… no leaders… no followers… no rules… no guilt… the Heart of Compassion leads me and the path is where I put my feet to pass through the landscape of hope towards the joy of peace.
geo 5,415


No comments:

Post a Comment