Monday, July 15, 2013

Just Enough

Monday, July 15, 2013:

This morning I didn’t want to pray or meditate… especially to meditate. I am a little under the weather, as they say, and don’t feel up to doing much at all. Going to the hospital several times a day to sit with Bonnie is about all I have the strength for as I feel a slight cold coming on. Habits established over the years have me sitting on the cushion regardless of how I feel. Once I sit the routine kicks in and there I am. There I am with a warm nothingness enveloping my spirit and a calm arises and emotions still. This is the heart opening to the grace of God… the union I am seeking. I don’t have to believe in it at all… not God or anything. I just sit and breathe… that is enough to kick-start it. I am grateful that this habit was set long ago because, had I felt like I did this morning, I would not have yielded to the Spirit of Compassion today. I stood from meditation with enough strength to carry on… nothing all that miraculous… just enough, that is all.

geo 5,405

No comments:

Post a Comment