Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Let Go of It!

Tuesday July 23, 2013:
I ASK GOD TO DECIDE

“I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character which stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my fellows.”

ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 76

&

This business of taking the Third Step would be a simple act of submission were it not for the mystery of that ear on the other end of the prayer. How many times have I heard a newcomer say; “I turned my will and my life over to the care of God and the rug was pulled out from under me. I found myself flat on my back… she left me… nothing I tried was working any longer… my bank account was empty… I lost my job and so on and on…what was going on?” I have witnessed this phenomenon time and time again and it still amazes me. While we may not be paying much attention to the words of the prayer, someone is. Call it what I want but it appears that I have given permission to the Heart of Compassion to do as it will with my life, so why would I be surprised if God took me seriously? The more I resist the worse it gets. I hang on to a character defect and, time after time, I run into one obstacle after another until I LET GO OF IT. The Spirit of Recovery is greater than I can imagine or would have ever believed had it not been for seeing it work in my life and countless others.
geo 5,412


No comments:

Post a Comment