Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Jitterbug of Creation


To sit quietly and breathe when I first rise is the most important single thing I can do today of my own volition. When I have a conversation with my innermost self… an agreement or disagreement… something miraculous happens if I pause and give some thought as to who is having a conversation with whom. I realize then that I am not merely a consciousness separated from the world by a bag of skin named George. Something far greater than that is happening if I can extend my understanding to see that this consciousness is somehow connected to the cosmos… that there is a cosmic intelligence in this energy operating through my bag of skin from me to you an you to me.
This cosmic intelligence is the Heart of Compassion some call God and it is within this spirit that I can join in the dance of creation. The resistance of my ego wrapped in this bag of skin to remain a wallflower in the Grand Promenade of Creation is fostered by the notion, or fear, that I can’t dance… oh, but I can dance if I allow myself to be moved when the Jitterbug breaks out into to the rhythm of this wild bump and grind of God. I have a choice: I can stand on the sidelines and tap my feet in isolation as a spectator or I can get out on the floor and dance through this day enthusiastically in joyous harmony and unbridled exuberance with your spirit.


geo, 4,694

No comments:

Post a Comment