Saturday, May 26, 2012

Resonance

Tibetans call enlightenment Rigpa. Sogyal Rinpoche describes it today: Imagine that you were living in a house on the top of a mountain which was itself at the top of the world. Suddenly the entire structure of the house, which limited your view, just falls away and you can see all around you, both outside and inside. But there is not any 'thing' to see; what happens has no ordinary reference whatsoever; it is total, complete, unprecedented, perfect seeing. This is how it feels when Rigpa is directly revealed.

I don't pretend to have achieved perfect Rigpa or any such thing; however, these words resonate deeply within my heart. Poetry, paintings, scripture of all sorts do this and when I write my aim to resonate rather than convert. After all. I have nothing to convert anyone to. It would be a pretense.. a charade. But what I hope to do by writing is to find that sweet spot... inspiration that vibrates and opens up the view in my own heart for a moment and my joy comes from those powerful instances that my heart resonates with yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment