Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Demands of Desire


[1]My dependency meant demand --- a demand for possession and control of the people and the conditions surrounding me.

*****

Desire easily translates into a demand because once the dynamics of a hunger kicks in there is never enough of our hearts' desire. Greedy for love, hungry for power or mastery over the very people, devices (i.e. cell-phones, et al), facebook,television drugs/alcohol/medications and even the spiritual practices we wish to help us. Under the influence of such cravings I sink further into the dependency and the vain hope that my needs will be fulfilled and this condition distracts me from looking inside where my deliverance dwells.

geo
4,532


[1] As Bill Sees It, 176: GRAPEVINE, JANUARY 1958

No comments:

Post a Comment