Friday, July 20, 2012

Breathe in the Sorrow




In the light of last night's tragedy in Colorado, I can't move myself to write much except to say that my heart goes out to the families and friends of the dear ones we lost in the shooting. Senseless acts of violence provoke emotions and a range of reactions that will provoke the pontificators to spout all kinds of nonsense. I hold back and allow myself to grieve… to simply breathe in the sorrow… breathe in the suffering before my mind runs off with answers, anger, reactions. Sit quietly and allow myself to feel. Stay away from using the tragedy of it to expound political agendas and to breathe in the compassion. It really is about compassion at this point. Compassion is fluid and wraps itself around sorrow like a blanket that warms and protects. To persevere in compassion… breathe in the sorrow. Breathe and pray... pray for the victims and pray for the shooter. Don't allow the sour rigidity of hatred infect... don't allow our hearts to sink into the desperation of the angry mob... allow despair. We all feel it and try so hard to avoid those feelings.... breathe and feel.


geo 4,829

No comments:

Post a Comment