Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Grand Unification of Spirit


I take myself far too seriously until I consider the vastness of the universe and its seeming complexity created out of a simplicity that surpasses my understanding. I watched a program on PBS the other night about String Theory and the Grand Unification Theory that was Einstein's unsolved puzzle. Now, I don't pretend to understand quantum mechanics or string theory: I barely have a grasp on Newtonian physics, but I do find wonder and joy from simply contemplating how these translate into my own spiritual relationship with the divine. In fact, I don't fully understand what love and compassion have to do with any of it but I sense it deeply.
            As I breathe, my mind travels with my breath down through the chakras to the center of my being. There it connects with a power far greater than atom smashers or the God Particle so touted in recent weeks. I discovered the power that relieved me from the devastation of my disease and put my feet on the path of recovery. The Heart of Compassion restores me and I suspect this entity we call God is the mind that sparked the Big Bang. I don't have a religious certainty about it in any intellectual sense but I do feel it when I look into the eyes of another still suffering and feel compassion… the unification of spirit arising.


geo 4,822

No comments:

Post a Comment