Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Profound Revelation


Meditation is something that can always be further developed. It has no boundaries, either of width or height/ Aided by such instruction and examples we can find, it is essentially an individual adventure, something which each one of us works out in his own way. But its object is always the same: to improve our conscious contact with God, with His grace, wisdom and love. And le's always remember that meditation is in reality intensely practical. One of its first fruits is emotional balance. With it we can broaden and deepen the channel between ourselves and God as we understand Him.
TWELVE STEPS
AND
TWELVE TRADITIONS
STEP ELEVEN
(pp. 101-102)
~
I first sat in meditation hoping… wishing to eventually achieve some sort of spiritual union or bliss… some tangible contact with this whole notion of God. I sat and listened to my own heartbeat and followed my breath. I strove to quiet my mind… to break through to another consciousness… hoping for a profound revelation. But I was instructed to simply breathe and to let go of such high-minded aspirations. I heard of others having emotional and physical awakenings and revelations but all I had was what I sat with. Then I came to understand that this was enough. To let go and sense… to feel emotions come and go… to step back and observe what is truly going on inside and out… to glimpse the unity and power of rejuvenation going on in everything… in and around me… to see the connect… the dance… to resonate with the whole of it all. Wasn't this enough?
            Yes, at first I couldn't see the power of it… but I look back and… whew! The grace, wisdom and love that emanates from the Heart of Compassion is plenty for me today. Everything else is just frosting on the cake.


geo, 4,823

No comments:

Post a Comment