Saturday, July 7, 2012

Right or Wrong

No matter whatever the dispute might be, whether it is an internal one… an argument with myself about right or wrong or the treatment of others; family, friends and disputes of all varieties… kindness, understanding and quiet respect works far better than the strident insistence of my demands. It is only when I understand that whatever it is, it isn't about winning or losing… it is about the harmony of working together for solutions.

The Dhammapada says it clearer than I can:
 
Some see right as wrong
And what is wrong as right.
Holding such false views,
They go to a sorrowful state.

Those who see wrong as wrong
And right as right
Hold right views,
And go into a joyful state.
Vs. 318-319

Before I get myself in a tither... into a self-righteous rage, I pause… consider how I would react to the same demands made on me… and put my shoulders to understanding the resistance rather than the resistor. Somewhere behind that morass of ego awaits the truth, the power and the glory of the Heart of Compassion.


geo 4,815

No comments:

Post a Comment