Friday, March 15, 2013

Dance with the Muse

 THE GOD IDEA

When we saw others solve their problems by a simple reliance upon the Spirit of the Universe, we had to stop doubting the power of God. Our ideas did not work. But the God idea did.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 52

Like a blind man gradually being restored to sight, I slowly groped my way to the Third Step. Having realized that only a Power greater than myself could rescue me from the hopeless abyss I was in; I knew that this was a Power I had to grasp, and that it would be my anchor in the midst of a sea of woes. Even though my faith at that time was miniscule, it was big enough to make me see that it was time for me to discard my reliance on my prideful ego and replace it with the steadying strength that could  only come from a Power greater than myself.
DAILY REFLECTIONS, p. 83
&
I try to keep my faith simple by staying with the basics of my own experience and running as far and as fast as I can from preconceived notions of God delivered second hand. If God is anything, God is approachable by anyone, under any and all circumstances, regardless of my character or frame of reference. A mustard seed of faith is all it takes to leap but leap I must… leap where no logic or human power would suffice. And now, after more than a few years, I am faced with problems, albeit quality ones, but they are problems nonetheless. Health and financial difficulties are nothing compared to creative dilemmas. Sometimes I wonder why I bother at all until I step into the realm of the Spirit. Once there, it all makes sense, but before I step into the temple of faith there is no logical reason to go on. Once there, humility and self-forgetting lifts my spirit into the mystery of God. All I have to do is get up and dance with the Muse.
geo 5,290

No comments:

Post a Comment