Thursday, March 14, 2013

Tenacity & Courage

Teach me to be tenaciously and cautiously courageous instead of being afraid.
Metaphysical Meditations:
Overcoming Fear and Worry, p. 92
Paramahansa Yogananda
&
I once confused buff and bluster for courage and that, most often, sadly ended with blush and blunder. Like the Chihuahua facing off Godzilla, I often stood in harms way where drugs and alcohol were concerned without a care for body and soul. The way it worked for me was that I eventually came to a dead-end where I had nowhere else to turn; where pride kept me from perhaps calling a family member or someone else that could help. My friends no longer took my calls. It was a desperate place to be in and the darkness overwhelming. I haven’t had to venture there since I turned my will and my life over to the Heart of Compassion but I know that fear and the terrors of addiction lurk around the corner should I ever forget. This is a cautious fear and quite useful as it gives me courage to go on past that fear and onto tackling those fears that hold me back. With a cautious courage and tenacity, I find peace in the ability to take appropriate and productive action.
geo 5,289

No comments:

Post a Comment