Thursday, March 28, 2013

The God Equation

Most of us have appreciated the perfection of the universe, the animation of living things, the action of the human mind, and the power of love. These things all seem to denote a dynamic life force that surges through everything around us. This force appears to direct all things harmoniously but irresistibly toward a natural, definite, useful conclusion.
    Is it hard to recognize in this life force a Power greater than ourselves? Do we not sense its creative energy, intelligence, and power? Are human beings not weak and unimportant apart from God’s power?
The Little Red Book,
Step Three, p. 40
A Hazelden Publication
&

There is violence, illness, suffering, oppression and, pure as dog-shit evil, in the world along side of the wonders of the glory and beauty of God’s grace. Ignoring the dark side of human experience is to shield my eyes from seeing the whole picture. I must be able to recognize my own defects of character to measure myself accurately. An appraisal of value enables me to see where I can bring love when there is hatred; to bring harmony where there is discord; to bring faith where there is doubt; to bring hope where there is despair; to bring light to the shadows; and to bring joy to the sadness around me. If seen in this light, it is no accident in the narrative to put the darkest night before the liberation of the soul in the Passion Week for Christians and Passover for Jews. Without this insight the universe is a vast chaotic terror of remarkable and random accidents having no meaning or purpose. Once the God Equation is placed within this context, I am miraculously relieved of the bondage of my own perspective. From the smallest sub-atomic vibration to the greatest clash of galaxies, the universe pulses with the measured beat of a cosmic dance I am asked to participate in. So dance to the music!

geo 5,303

No comments:

Post a Comment