Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mind & Body

The nature of mind is the background to the whole of life and death, like the sky, which unfolds the whole universe in its embrace.
Glimpse After Glimpse
Sogyal Rinpoche
۞

The mind has another meaning other than the brain when a Buddhist speaks of it. The mind to us usually refers to that computer located above our necks and between our ears. My posture and the whole of my body is made vivid with the simple act of breathing as I kneel, stand with arms raised, prostrate myself or sit in the lotus position in meditation. What happens to me when I do any one of those postures a connection is made with the earth as my attention becomes focused on that which transcends when I also pray. It is much simpler than most of us make of it because I have found that it doesn’t matter a whit whether I am sitting, kneeling, doing the dishes or dancing like an idiot to the music of the Grateful Dead. The act of giving reverence like David dancing in the Temple is enough to make that Wonder open itself to my limited mind to an eternal Mind that is greater than I could have ever imagined.
geo 5,281

No comments:

Post a Comment