Monday, March 25, 2013

The Kingdom Within

I will seek the kingdom of God in the joy arising from constant, long, deep, continuous meditation. I will consciously seek to find the Lord within, and will not be satisfied with little imaginary inspirations that come from short, restless silences. I will meditate more deeply until I feel His presence.
Metaphysical Meditations:
My beloved Calling Me,
Paramahansa Yogananda
&

Short, restless silence is only the beginning… it is but a first step and the trick of meditation … and it is a trick… is to learn to expect nothing of it but the breathing in, and the breathing out, from the center of my restless soul. I am not going to receive anything but imaginary inspirations as long as my mind is cluttered with the manipulative devices of the ego; self-will, conceits, hidden agendas, and make believe fantasies of spiritual power and prestige. There are no strings attached to breathing beyond simply being. Being human is enough for now. Just as this bag of skin that is called George needs to nourish his body with air, light and food, my soul needs to be fed compassion from above until it resonates and is nourished within. I sit here feeling at times ridiculous, accomplishing nothing until I touch the nothingness that is the gate that opens my heart to bliss … the Heart of Compassion’s bliss eternal.
geo 5,300

No comments:

Post a Comment