Friday, May 31, 2013

A Dynamic Web

Newton’s universe was constructed from a set of basic entities with certain fundamental properties, which had been created by God and thus were
not amendable to further analysis... 
…In the new world view, the universe is seen as a dynamic web of interrelated events. None of the properties of any part of the web is fundamental; they all follow from properties of the other parts, and overall consistency of their mutual interrelations determine the structure of the entire web.
The Tao of Physics
Interpenetration, p. 287
Fritjof Capra
&

Before I say anything, I have to admit that ninety percent of this book flies way over my windscreen. However, it is passages like these that draw my attention and I get a glimpse into the wonder of it all. At one time I saw myself as a separate entity… an island to myself with only transient connections to others as separate egos and thus, a drunk was a drunk, a thief was a thief, a murderer was a murderer and so on. I believe that all of these had no power to change… will-power be damned. Everything… every crime… moral accomplishment… good or evil… every failing could be explained in terms of self-centeredness (i.e., even Mother Teresa was getting something out of her good works)...  and that was the best we could do. Ironically, it was the concept of a Creator that sealed these conclusions and that so-called redeeming Creator was supposedly going to damn or bless us. However, once I saw things from the mountaintop my heart sensed that the Creator was as much a participant in the dance of creation as I was. And once I got this picture embedded in my consciousness by a powerful spiritual awakening, I was able to change.


geo 5,366

No comments:

Post a Comment