Monday, May 6, 2013

Cumulative Openness

Whatever practice you use, the point is to discover a place of spaciousness within. Give time not only to clearing obstacles but also to become familiar with what opens up as a result. Every moment you spend in a state of openness is cumulative and supports your ability to be in the flow. Let go, rest in the openness, and become familiar with it. Cultivate confidence in the realization that your true inner being cannot be changed by any force.
Shambhala Sun: Nov. 2012
The Great Perfection of Creativity, p. 34
Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche
&
I began writing, for a friend, my views (from our AA meditation book, Daily Reflections and expanded from there) over fourteen years ago. I needed to put on the blank page (subjectively); my fears, my hopes, my opinions and my ambitions. I thought I was helping him but I found that I was honing long dormant writing skills and improving my own outlook on life. Of course, had I known what I was up against at the time, I might have given up in frustration at the long struggle ahead on both accounts. I stuck with it one day at a time and this regular practice expanded my awareness to the extent that I began to meditate before I sat down to write. As I practice meditation, I realize how beneficial it is and it becomes a part of my daily routine each morning. In meditation, reflection and writing, my attitudes become more spacious and obstacles to growth gradually drop away. Emotional balance comes to me as I rest in the cumulative openness and the peace of knowing and sitting with myself.
geo 5,342

No comments:

Post a Comment