Monday, May 27, 2013

Without Grasping

Even the greatest yogi, sorrow and joy still arise just as before. The difference between ordinary person and the yogi is how they view their emotions and react to them.
An ordinary person will instinctively accept or reject them, and so arouse the attachment or aversion that will result in the accumulation of negative karma.
A yogi, however, perceives everything that rises in its natural, pristine state, without grasping to enter his perception.
Glimpse After Glimpse:
May 27, 2013
Sogyal Rinpoche
&
In the fellowship I belong to, it is often advised that we practice love without strings. We hear people speak of this as though it is a simple thing to do. However, at least on my part, it hasn't been all that easy. This was especially true for me when my daughter told me that she no longer considered me her father. She might have said something else but that is what I thought I heard. I had to let go; and realize that, whatever my relationship with her was, she is now a temporary gift; no different than a moment of bliss or sorrow that comes and goes. Her relationship with me changed but mine with her did not. It can be one of those heart hardening experiences or it can be a softening source of enlightenment… a letting go. It isn't about being unattached to these emotions arising from loving deeply but that it is about loving even more deeply… as deeply as the Heart of Compassion loves.
geo 5,362

No comments:

Post a Comment