Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pride in Humility





I will take pride in being humble. I will feel honored when chastised for doing God’s work. I will rejoice for any opportunity to give love for hatred.
Metaphysical Meditations
Yogananda Paramahansa


&

Joan Osborne's Ladder (I’m gonna love you anyway), in which the lyrics say it all; “I wanted it to be easy… I wanted to make you tired… sometimes I get slow and lazy… sometimes I get so inspired…you wanted an altercation…” and it runs along to the end of that stanza with; “You show me the method now… I’m willing to take my time” and then the chorus, “I’m gonna love you anyway… each and every day… yay--- yay--- eh…!”
    She says it all in that song a bout human relations. It takes a commitment to love anyone without conditions. The song can be as much about God as it is about lovers, children, family, friends… and even enemies. To look past what I can’t accept to what I can accept is the trick I must learn to take pride in being humble… “each and every day,” like Joan. Besides, she has a great voice.
geo 5,360


No comments:

Post a Comment