Monday, June 24, 2013

Before I get Busy


We went to the beach to see the rising of the Super Moon. We stood in awe as it rose above the sea. Within minutes I pulled out a camera to take a picture but, since the camera was unfamiliar to me, I couldn't find the settings in the dark to catch the image properly. I did snap a couple of shots but I eventually gave up and simply held Bonnie’s head close to my chest. It was a moment in time that couldn't be caught on camera. I think now about it and remember the many times in places that I had a camera… took a shot… and moved on as though I had experienced the place or event. The truth is that, most of the time, I look at old pictures of places and people in my past and they don’t hold anything for me if I didn't stop and appreciate them in the now as I took them. However, I have found that I am able to stop and pause to give each moment… each person I make contact with… more than a snap-shot. I can do that with an open heart and mind if I take a few precious moments before I get busy today to take a few deep breaths and be here in the now.

geo 5,386

No comments:

Post a Comment