Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Faith of Estrangement

This morning I didn’t feel like praying and this is where the faith of estrangement kicks in. I pray out of pure habit because I feel in my heart that there is no one on the other end of my pleas that will answer me. This happens despite all the past experience where I have been humbled enough to surrender to the will of One greater than all of my troubles. It is a hard place to be it but it is in such times that the Heart of Compassion does a strange trick. A hope arises from the center of my being… not so much the kind of hope that believes my prayers will be answered exactly as I wish… rather, it is the kind of hope that tells me she will be alright… that we will get through this no matter what. So I sit or kneel regardless of how I feel or what I think. Doubt… rationality… does it really matter? All that disappears and I resign to it. I have, after all, lived and loved through one catastrophe after another… why not this one?

geo 5,391

No comments:

Post a Comment