Saturday, June 8, 2013

Do I Owe Asclepius a Rooster?

I am never far from those with faith, or even from those without it, though they do not know it, though they do not see me. My children will always, always, be protected by my compassion.
Padmasambhava

&

My heart wants to know, in times of tragedy, where is the Heart of Compassion? Yesterday a madman with a gun killed four innocent people in Santa Monica. His victims certainly started out their day without thought that a bullet would take their lives before the day ended. Where is the compassion of God in these instances? It seems arbitrary and unjust… these people didn’t have it coming. I feel it is important to ask these questions and to pray for understanding. More importantly, the arbitrariness of these senseless acts of violence make it all the more important that those I love know it; that my actions are just and clear; that my grudges are settled; that my conscience is clean. In the end it doesn’t really matter whether God is just or not. I leave those questions to the philosophers. As far as my life is concerned, I am enjoying my morning coffee and I can check my balances, knowing whether or not I “owe Asclepius a rooster?”

geo 5,374

No comments:

Post a Comment