Monday, June 17, 2013

Letting Go


How can I write about “letting go” when inside of my heart I can’t let go of resentments from wounds inflicted decades ago? I have to confess, as I examine the deeply felt anger and the blunt-force pounding of a broken heart, that they still revisit me now and then. The truth is that it never goes away. I’d be the worst kind of hypocrite if I didn’t admit that I am incapable of forgiving of my own volition. I can, if I allow self-pity to surface, attempt to cause harm by my words and I have done that as recently as yesterday. Not only that, but, my heart refuses to apologize. When I kneel, and sit to pray and meditate, I feel like I am a worse hypocrite than mentioned already. I carry the burden of suffering like it is the host to the altar of sacrifice. There, I lay it down before the Heart of Compassion and I try to do my best to cause no further harm.

 geo 5,379

No comments:

Post a Comment