Saturday, June 15, 2013

Coffee Karma

My day started out with clicking the on switch button on my coffee maker. It is old and I have already ordered a new one… should be coming today or Monday. Getting ready to sit and meditate while the coffee is brewing, I looked at the machine and saw that 6 cups of water was no longer in the reservoir and none… nothing… zip was in the carafe. Well… well, I thought. It took me a nano/second to figure out that the water had to be going somewhere before I heard a dripping… then a flow onto the other side of the counter that divides my kitchen from the living room… right onto my beautiful restored Remington!!!! I quickly sentenced the old machine to the sink and mopped and dapped up what had already soaked the living room carpet (it is amazing how much water a ten cup carafe holds when you see it spilled on a floor!). I then proceeded to pour a carafe load into my old trusty water boiler... tea kettle... and then the hot water into the filter holder of the old machine.
            Well now, a reasonable man would suppose that my coffee karma would be over at this juncture… but no. I made up my usual full cup of coffee and creamer... put it on my desk... fired up
my laptop and walked away. It was then I heard the fan of the cooling pad under it making a strange noise. I put the computer to the side (thank GAWD) and the picked up the cooling pad as though I would know what to do from there. My coffee cup had other ideas because it tipped over, spilling its content on my desk and then it spread rapidly under a brand-new wireless mouse I'd just bought last Wednesday. Now the mouse doesn't work and I have to use this wild/card built/in keyboard mouse that strays the cursor (or curser!) around the page if I pass a hand within an inch of its surface.

            I will sit and meditate now: let the peace of the cosmos still my raging monkey mind.

geo 5,378

P.S.

Bonnie is doing fine: she had a catheter put up her leg to have a look-see for any possible blockage in her arteries and to see whether it will be a mitro-valve repair or replacement (She has mitro-valve regurgitation going on there in the ole blood pump). The good news is that there is no blockage but the docs are going to wait for surgery to figure out what is going on with the anemia bit she has been going through since last Nov.

No comments:

Post a Comment