Wednesday, February 15, 2012

An Apology for a Hissy Fit



When I have a smack-down
with You ...
I threw a hissy fit on facebook yesterday. I’m sure that only a few even read it and that the harm done was minimal at the worst but, in the final analyses, I copped to an attitude that was harmful to my own peace of mind. For this I owe an apology to those I ranted against and some serious self-appraisal of my own motives. I.e., when I thought my feelings were hurt, why did I lash out like that? Was it indicative of an arrogance that harbored a deep-seated resentment? These things are not a big deal to those who love and understand me but aggressive and inconsiderate displays of emotions can be intimidating regardless. For that I apologize and I am entirely at the mercy of forgiveness from my friends on facebook. When I have an outburst of emotion with others it is essentially an argument, or smack-down, I am having with God.


geo, 4,625

No comments:

Post a Comment