Monday, February 27, 2012

Emotional Balance Doesn't Come to Me Casually

The best advice is served hot

In self-appraisal, what comes to us alone may be garbled by our own rationalization and wishful thinking. The benefit of talking to another person is that we can get his direct comment and counsel on our situation.
TWELVE AND TWELVE, p. 60
*****


Conflict is inevitable but allowing it to scramble my attention to emotional balance can be critical. Emotional balance doesn’t come to me casually and, most often; it doesn’t make itself apparent until I have gone through a tornado of bovine-feces. Sometimes I sit down at the end of my day and review what I have walked through; and, honestly, there is no way I can resolve every problem that came up… nor do I need to discuss broken shoelaces with my sponsor. I need to open myself up to another human being. Even if the person I share the concern of the day cosigns my BS, I can usually see through such nonsense and still profit. However, if the problem is great enough and the forest obscures the trees, I need to discuss it with someone who knows where I am coming from. Lacking a mentor, it is sometimes amazing how much wisdom the cab driver or waitress can have if I am led by the Spirit of Recovery to honestly resolve the matter at hand.



geo, 4,637

No comments:

Post a Comment