Thursday, February 23, 2012

To Live in the Joy of Discovery


It would be a product of false pride to claim that A.A. is a cure-all, even for alcoholism.
  A.A. COMES OF AGE, p. 232
*****

I suppose that the most debilitating aspect of false-pride would be that I come to believe in the façade I construct with it. Before I beat myself up for it I can look around and see that I am not alone in creating a façade. Fortunately for me, I have had an existential crises that stripped the mask from my face long enough to see where and whom I truly was at that time. However, just because I drove myself to such an extreme that the doors of perception gave me a glimpse of the light, I do not have the right to inflict others with my vision. Furthermore, I found that I am directly responsible to live humbly within that frame of reference. This means that I work on my own shortcomings and leave others to deal with their own, lest I begin to believe in my own wisdom and became a healer of sorts. No, the best I can do is to live by example and becoming that example is to live in the joy of discovery.



geo, 4,633

No comments:

Post a Comment