Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Life is that Moment Between Breaths


Here I am… meditating. How about that… eh? Sitting on a cushion and taking on that wild country between my ears. It is wild country there, but not unlike any other wild country, it is a wonderland with an infinity of marvels to explore. But, before I go there, I have this weird relationship with my body that ought to be addressed. I can do that by paying attention to my breath… not counting them… not thinking about them… but paying attention… to the feel… the smell… the texture of the air as it cycles through my lungs… throat… nostrils: In and out… a continual flowing… a stream. I have heard it said that life is the moment between the inhaling and exhaling of God’s breath. It doesn’t matter where I was before or where I’ll be after each breath. It does matter that I am here… now… in each breath.


geo, 4611

No comments:

Post a Comment