Monday, February 13, 2012

Peace of Mind and Emotional Stability


Peace of mind and emotional stability: these were the chimeras I could never capture, always just barely out of reach, before I became able to make the first amends to myself and put aside the bottle long enough to take a good look at where I had been and where I was headed. It wasn’t enough that I could say "I’m sorry" to others if I could not steer away from repeating the same injuries.

This is another area where taking the time to sit with myself became a priority. How can I ever pretend to hear the voice of the sublime if my mind is full of the clutter past offences take up in that space? Before I go about patching up the past it is most important I come equipped with the humility and grace to make it stick. 


geo, 4,623

No comments:

Post a Comment