Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Friends Have Been My Teachers


As the rising sun paints
La Cumbre peak my back porch
 becomes my best teacher

There was a time that I looked at spiritual paths and was intimidated by the idea that I ought to subject myself to a guru, sensei, or master of one sort or another. However; the truth I have found by simply bowing to any other human being and listening for their innate wisdom has served me well. I can’t count all of the people who have befriended me along this path and have helped me to understand the deeper recesses of my behaviors and motives. Some have been teachers, some have been therapists, family members and so on; but, for the most part, it has been an honest friend whose hand was offered when I needed it most… Yes, exactly when I needed it most. Some are not at all on the path I have chosen and sometimes it was a judge in a courtroom at sentencing time while others simply said something about themselves while sitting  in a bar with me over a cold beer… but they have been there and I love you all.

Thank you.


geo, 4,614

No comments:

Post a Comment