Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Dawn of Ceaseless Play


Look into the sphere of birthless mind!
Let dawn the enjoyment of ceaseless play!
When free of hope and fear --- that’s the result.
Why speak of birth and death?
Come to the natural, unmodified state!

DRINKING THE MOUNTAIN STREAM SONGS OF
TIBET’S BELOVED SAINT MILAREPA

Before I do anything to screw up my day, I try to sit with myself for a few minutes to simply breathe. Some are sure to ask, “Why must you do that, you were breathing all night and it didn’t seem to matter?”
My answer for that is,“Yes, but I was breathing in my dreams. When I sit with myself my dreams are formed into action. Forming into action my dreams become reality. Becoming reality is a step towards humility. A step towards humility brings my mind to a place where fear is only a phantom and phantoms are for my own entertainment and not at all anything to fear.”
Or, if you like, let Tom Waits sing: "You Are Innocent When You Dream."


geo, 4,610

No comments:

Post a Comment