Monday, June 11, 2012

Bring the Mind Home


The Buddha's solution to our character defects (i.e., samsara) is to "Bring the mind home" according to Sogyal Rinpoche. How this is done with the kind of clarity I need is simpler than I might fear. When I approached meditation with the notion that it was a difficult sacrifice to make or that it was one of those spiritual chores… a task, I missed the point. Meditation is more like coming home after a long and arduous journey. I can rest my mind if I simply breathe and let go. As my mind entertains shopping lists, projects or troubling thoughts... note them and realize it is futile to fight them… breathe and smile… they are just children playing… let them play themselves out until they too tire and want to rest with me. This is where I hit the sweet spot and meet with the love of my life… my Higher Power. I listen as my heart beats the rhythm of peace in union… the Heart of Compassion. One of meditation's first fruits is emotional balance.


geo 4,789

No comments:

Post a Comment