Monday, June 4, 2012

"A Faith that Works"


“A faith that works” is what I was looking for. Yes, I knew I had a problem with living… it was all about me.. I couldn’t help it. I knew that I couldn’t stop drinking no matter how hard I tried. It was just impossible because,as much as I prayed for help, I was not willing or even knew what willing truly meant: to turn my will over to something I couldn’t see, touch or for crying out loud… I thought I couldn’t hear! I never could have beached that gap without the fulcrum of complete defeat. My life had become unmanageable and, frankly, I was damned near clinically insane. At that point I became willing… as willing as only the most desperate can be. It is crazy how it works and I can’t explain it. I’m not sure whether or not folks who are not alcoholics or addicts have to be so damned beat up to “get it” but it can’t hurt if they too have a desire to make contact with The Heart of Compassion. After all, such an experience is not exclusive to us and is open to everyone.


geo, 4,783

No comments:

Post a Comment